Patagonia Natural History | Trip Notes
|2012 and 2013 Prices||Per person|
|Christmas surcharge/Dec 25th departure||$100|
|Optional Whale Watching Navigation||$80|
Departures operate with a minimum of 2 passengers. Private departure dates can be arranged on request.
- This trip begins and ends in Buenos Aires, Argentina, which can be reached via daily flights on a variety of international airlines. Note that flights from the US are generally overnight, you will need to start your trip one day prior to the arrival date in Buenos Aires.
- Airline tickets with-in Argentina are required as follows: Buenos Aire/Aeroparque airport-Trelew-Ushuaia-El Calafate-Buenos Aires. Approximate cost for these flights currently vary from $700-$900. Exact quote will be provided once you have made a deposit on your trip and we can reserve your flight itinerary.
- Latin American Escapes offers excellent discounted international airfares from most US cities, local airpasses, and complete land packages through-out Latin America.
- Additional hotel nights can be added in Buenos Aires before or after the trip, as well as extensions to Iguazu Falls, Fitzroy area to go hiking, visits to estancias, and travel to other destinations in Latin America.
- Included: Accommodation in the mentioned hotels with private facilities and breakfast, Round trip transfers between airport and hotels in every destination, Private services in Buenos Aires, Valdes Peninsula and the half day visit to the Tierra del Fuego NP with a naturalist guide, Services in seat in basis (shared services) in El Calafate and the visit to Harberton Ranch, Assistance of expert naturalist guides in Ushuaia and Valdes Peninsula; mountain guides for the Minitrekking, Ice Trekking gear if necessary, Meals as stated on the itinerary (without beverages), Entrance fees to parks and reserves (in Ushuaia and Valdes Peninsula)
- Not Included: Airline tickers, airport departure taxes, International departure tax, Tips for luggage handling and optional gratuities for guides and crew, Extras and personal expenses, Optional tours., Entrance fees to Los Glaciares NP (Perito Moreno glacier).
- Group rates are based on the use of selected 3 and 4 star hotels in each city. Upgrades to more deluxe hotels can be arranged based and on additional charge in most locations.
- Baggage Allowance: For domestic flights is 33 lbs/15kg to check in and 11 lbs/5kg as carry on per person. Any luggage heavier than these limits is charged an additional cost which varies between U$S 1.5 to U$S 3.- per extra kilo. In our past experience the airlines not always charged these overweight, however they retain the right to do so.
Sep 30-Oct 9; Oct 14-23; Oct 28-Nov 6; Nov 11-20; Dec 2-11; Dec 23-31; Dec 30-Jan 8, 2013
Jan 06-15; Jan 20-29; Feb 03-12; Feb17-26; Mar 03-12; Mar 17-26; Mar 31-Apr 9